The Guides tab (1) shows you all the Guides in your subscription with many filtering options for seeing Guide status, views, and activation. A guide will be included in this tab as long as it has been created. This means both Disabled and Drafted guides will appear.
Basic Guide controls, like publishing, changing status, or deletion, can be done directly from the Guides tab. You can also directly search through created guides from this tab, as well as manage your guide's theme. If you would like to download a CSV of your guides, this can be down via the Download as CSV button (2).
1) From the Guides tab, click "+Create Guide" (1) to the right of the "Manage Theme" button.
2) In the Layouts section, select a layout. This will be the starting point that you will edit from. You can choose blank options to start from scratch, or pick one that more closely aligns with your desired styling.
3. Once you select a layout, you will land on the Guide Settings tab. From here, click "Manage in App" to open Visual Design Studio and begin customizing your Guide. The "Manage in App" button can also be located next to the Preview button.
To learn more about the customization options available in the Visual Design Studio, see the "Create a Guide" help article.
Dropdown menus for Segment and Time will adjust the data that appears in the Guide Views column. These Filters are also available in Guide Metrics when you click into Details for a specific Guide.
Users can now filter the Guide List by Status, Activation, Expiration, and Created By. This helps find the guides they need quicker.
Changing Guide Status
Note: Only Subscription Admins and users with "Manage Published Guides" permissions can change the Guide status.
The Status column can be used to quickly change the Status of a Guide without having to click into Guide Details.
Changing a Guide to Public requires additional confirmation.
Delete a Guide
Deleting a Guide permanently removes the Guide from your subscription and cannot be undone. If you want to take down a Public Guide, change it to any other status. If you want to remove a Guide from working queues in Draft, use the Disabled status.
Hover over a Guide to show the Delete button.
Click the Delete button and confirm to permanently remove the Guide from the subscription.
Download Guide List
Download CSV downloads the currently displayed Guide List and columns as a Comma-Separated Values (CSV) file. This file can be used outside of Pendo in other spreadsheet or data visualization tools. It does not contain any examples of Guide content or identifiable Visitor or Account information unless it is named in a Guide Name or Segment.
Preview a Guide
Hover over a guide and click the Preview button. You will then be prompted to enter the URL of where you'd like to see your guide.
Copy a Guide
Hover over a guide and click the Copy button. You will then land on a Guide details page and the title of the guide will be COPY[name of the Guide]. If you want to remove a Guide from working queues in Draft, change its status to Disabled.
Copy Guides to Another Subscription
For users that belong to multiple accounts, this feature allows the ability to copy guides to different account than the ones they were created in. To access the "Copy to Subscription" button, hover over the guide's row, or if you would like to copy multiple guides at the same time, you can select the checkboxes on the left-hand side of each guide row next to the guide name.
After clicking the "Copy to Subscription" button end users will be presented with the message shown below. In the Subscription drop down, select which Subscription you'd like the copy of the guide to appear. In the Application dropdown, select which application will receive the copied guide.
Use the search bar above the Download CSV button to quickly locate your desired Guide.
Understanding the columns
1. Guide Name - this is the name of the guide. It cannot be changed on this page. To change the name of the guide, click on the guide. This will take you to the Guide Settings page. You can change the name of the guide from there by hovering over the name of the Guide and clicking on it.
2. Status - whether the Guide is Public, Disabled, or Draft. You can toggle between them here.
3. Targeted Segment - see which users are targeted to receive the Guide.
4. Last Updated By - see who the last user was to update the Guide.
5. Last Updated Date - see when the last update was made to the Guide.
6. Created By - see which specific person created the Guide.
7. Activation - how users are activating the guide.
8. # of Steps - shows you exactly how many steps are in the Guide.
9. Guide Views - how many times the Guide has been viewed by users in the targeted segment (given your segment and date range selection in the filter bar).
10. Expiration Date/Time - this is the date the Guide is yet to expire, if you have set that up on the Guide Settings page in the "Scheduling" tab.
Tip: You can readjust the columns into the order of your choice by clicking the "Columns" icon in the top right corner of the Guides table.