The Guides tab (1) shows you all the Guides in your subscription with many filtering options for seeing Guide status, views, and activation. A guide will be included in this tab as long as it has been created. This means both Disabled and Drafted guides will appear.
Basic Guide controls, like publishing, changing status, or deletion, can be done directly from the Guides tab. You can also directly search through created guides from this tab, as well as manage your guide's theme. If you would like to download a CSV of your guides, this can be down via the Download as CSV button (2).
1) From the Guides tab, click "+Create Guide" (1) to the right of the "Manage Theme" button.
2) Select a Guide from the Guide layout page. There are dozens to select from, but choose the one that best fits your use case.
3. Once you select a Guide, you will land on the Guide Settings tab. From here, click "Manage in App" to open Visual Design Studio and begin tagging either a feature or page. The "Manage in App" button can also be located next to the Preview button.
To learn more about using Visual Design Studio, click here.
Dropdown menus for Segment and Time segment the data that appears in the Guide Views column. These Filters are also available in Guide Metrics when you click into Details for a specific Guide.
Changing Guide Status
Note: Only Admins and users with Manage Published Guides permissions can change Guide status.
The Status column can be used to quickly change the Status of a Guide without having to click into Guide Details.
Changing a Guide to Public requires additional confirmation.
Delete a Guide
Deleting a Guide permanently removes the Guide from your subscription and cannot be undone. If you want to take down a Public Guide, change it to any other status. If you want to remove a Guide from working queues in Draft, use the Disabled status.
Hover over a Guide to show the Delete button.
Click the Delete button and confirm to permanently remove the Guide from the subscription.
Download Guide List
Download CSV downloads the currently displayed Guide List and columns as a Comma-Separated Values (CSV) file. This file can be used outside of Pendo in other spreadsheet or data visualization tools. It does not contain any examples of Guide content or identifiable Visitor or Account information unless it is named in a Guide Name or Segment.
Preview a Guide
Hover over a guide and click the Preview button. You will then be prompted to enter the URL of where you'd like to see your guide.
Copy a Guide
Hover over a guide and click the Copy button. You will then land on a Guide details page and the title of the guide will be COPY[name of the Guide]. If you want to remove a Guide from working queues in Draft, change its status to Disabled.
Copy a Guide to Account
This feature gives end users the ability to copy a guide to another account. To access the "Copy to Account" button, hover over the guide's row.
After clicking the "Copy to Account" button end users will be presented with the modal shown below. In the Account drop down, select which Account you'd like the copy of the guide to appear. In the Application dropdown, select which application will receive the copied guide.
It can be tough sometimes to find the Guide you need. Try searching for it in the search bar above the Download CSV button.
Understanding the columns
1. Name of Guide - this is the name of the guide. It cannot be changed on this page. To change the name of the guide, click on the guide. This will take you to the Guide Settings page. You can change the name of the guide from there by hovering over the name of the Guide and clicking on it.
2. Status - whether the Guide is Public, Disabled, or Draft. You can toggle between them here.
3. Last updated by - see who the last user was to update the Guide.
4. Create by - see which specific person on your team created the Guide.
5. Activation - how users are activating the guide. This option is restricted to the default method which is automatically via a badge.
6. # of Steps - shows you exactly how many steps are in the Guide. Some guide may only have one step, while others have half a dozen.
7. Guide Views - how often the Guide is being seen by users.
8. Targeted Segment - see which employees are receiving the Guide.
Tip: To download this article to you Knowledge Base, click here.