The 'Onboarding Module' contains guides specific to the onboarding process, and it can be customized similar to the 'Guides List' module. The 'Onboarding Module' tracks progress visually and persists even when a user logs out and back in.
The 'Onboarding Module' provides users with a prescriptive list of tasks that are necessary to complete as they familiarize themselves with an application. It can be used to educate users about key features and workflows.
Embedded guides prompt users through the actual processes they perform in the application. Applying a segment will ensure that guides added to the 'Onboarding Module' are presented to your desired target audience.
Add the Onboarding Module
1) Navigate to the Resource Center icon in the left hand navigation menu.
2) Select "+ Add Modules".
3) Choose the “Onboarding” module (1) and click on “Add Modules” (2).
Module Details Page
After adding the 'Onboarding Module' to your Resource Center, you will see the following options:
- Sub-header Name - This is the sub-header users will see in the Resource Center module
- Trash can icon - Deletes the module from the Resource Center
- Content - View and manage existing guides in the module. Add guides to the onboarding module and rearrange them in the order you'd like your users to see them
- Segment - Apply a segment to target your desired audience
Adding Onboarding Guides
1. Click on the “Edit” button in the Content section. Once in editing mode, the save button will be greyed out.
2. Choose existing guides you want to include in the 'Onboarding Module.' Once guides are selected, the save button will change back to blue.
Note: Selected Guides will immediately populate the Content section.
Segmenting A Module
1. Click "Edit" (1) next to the Segment tile.
2. Select from a list of default segment options or select a custom segment you've already configured.
Note: Underneath the Segment header you can also see how many users are eligible to view the Onboarding module.
Changing the Module's Sub-header
- Hover over the text and click to begin editing
- Press enter to save your changes
Frequently Asked Questions
Will the Module Display If the Guides Are On Draft?
No. Guides must be set to "Public" status to appear in a module. If guides in the module are all set to "Draft" status, the module will not appear in the Resource Center.
What If I Have A Module With No Content?
If you have a module with no content and push the updates to production, the module will not display to your end users.