The Resource Center (RC) serves as an on-demand repository that allows a user to seek contextual help in their moment of need. The Resource Center allows users to access published guides when additional support is needed.
Once enabled, click on the Resource Center icon in the left-hand navigation to access the Resource Center Overview page. If the Resource Center tab isn't available in your left-hand navigation bar, it may need to be enabled.
Required User Permission
- You need to be an Admin to edit the Resource Center.
- Access to the Resource Center must be enabled for your subscription.
Create New Resource Center
- Select "+ New Resource Center" in the top right of your Resource Center tab.
After creating a new Resource Center, you land on the Resource Center Overview tab. The Resource Center defaults to Disabled status (1) as no modules, or sections, have been added. Once ready to make the Resource Center visible to your end users, switch to Public status.
Your first step will be to choose which module to house your Guide. Add a module to your Resource Center by clicking the "+ Add Modules" (1) button located underneath the Disabled button. You can also click the "+Add Module" (2) button by hovering over the Resource Center home view. Since no guides have been added to the Module yet, the Content section will be blank.
The Resource Center lets you organize your Guides into three different modules:
- Guide List (1) - List of in-app Guides
- Onboarding (2) - List of onboarding Guides with progress tracker
- External Website (3) - Iframe that points to a page on the Web to display external resources. Learn more about the External Content Module
Selected modules will have a green outline around the module.
View Module Details
Once the first Module is added, the Resource Center will enter Draft state (2). The Resource Center Home panel displays the current build (1).
The Onboarding module includes a progress bar (3) which displays completion progress for guides in the module. You can also "View Module Details" (4) from this page. This will allow you to further edit details about your module. Additional modules can be added to your Resource Center via the "+Add Modules" (5) button.
Understanding The Module
1. +Add Guides. Allows you to add existing guides to the Module.
2. Delete Module. Deletes the Module from your Resource Center.
3. Edit Segment. Modify who will be eligible to see the Resource Center.
4. Edit Sub-header. Edit it by hovering over the text.
Adding Guides To Your Module
Select guides from the "Select Existing Guides" dropdown. You can only add Guides that are in Draft or Public. Guides with a check next to them will be included in your Content. Guides must be set to Public to be visible in your Resource Center. Otherwise, the Guide will not be visible to your users.
Reordering Guide Content
Once you add your Guides, you can click and drag to reorder them. You can also click on the display name to rename your Guide to a more user-friendly title without disrupting your internal naming convention.
The Resource Center can be activated by clicking on a badge. The default launch method cannot be modified, but the Badge Icon, Badge Color, and Badge Position can be customized.
The Resource Center badge is limited to a circle shape with a set size. The badge can be either an info bubble, question mark, or star icon.
The Resource Center Badge can be placed in any corner or the middle of any side of the screen.
Previewing Your Module
1. Click "Preview". This button is located to the right of the trash can and to the left of the Guide status drop down.
2. Enter the URL where you’d like to see your Resource Center.
Note: This will open a new tab and launch the Resource Center preview.
Publishing Your Resource Center
Once you are ready to launch the Resource Center, change the settings in the drop down menu to Public status. Before setting your Resource Center to Public, you will be prompted with another screen confirming your intent.
Delete Resource Center
Click the trash can icon next to the Preview button to delete your Resource Center. After clicking the trash can, you need to confirm you'd like to delete it.