Reseller Adopt roles and permissions control which features users can access in Reseller Adopt. This article summarizes the user types and roles available in Reseller Adopt, how to invite users, and how to add or edit user roles.
Once a partner has invited you to your Reseller Adopt account, add users to begin creating guides and view analytics. There are two user types in the application: Subscription Admin and User. You can have as many Administrators as you'd like in your Subscription.
- Subscription Admins have full access to the Reseller Adopt account functionality and can invite new users or delete existing users. If contracted, they also have the ability to create API integration keys.
- Users have Viewer role access to the Reseller Adopt account and can’t be unassigned. This means that all users, as well as admins, can view metrics, create segments, and create reports. You can’t limit data visibility.
If you choose the User type, you're then prompted to choose app-level roles (Viewer, Analyst, Guide Creator, and so on), which define specific sets of permissions. Admin users are granted all permissions, and so you don't select app-level roles for this user type.
You can add more than one user role to a User to give them the right permissions. For example, if you give the same user two roles, one of which has permission to create a guide and the other doesn’t, the user is still granted the ability to create guides.
The following table lists the available permissions for different user roles. Administrators have all of the listed permissions and are included in the final column of the following table for comparison. The top headings are User roles, and the possible permissions associated with each role are listed on the left. None of these roles can manage guide themes or invite new users to Reseller Adopt, which are activities reserved for Admins.
|Viewer||Analyst||Guide Creator||Guide Publisher||Guide Content Editor||Resource Center Author||Resource Center Publisher||Admin|
|Create and edit guides||Yes||Yes|
|Publish and schedule guides||Yes||Yes|
|Delete draft and disabled guides||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Create, edit, and delete Pages and Features||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Create Workflows, paths, and Segments||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Create and edit the Resource Center||Yes||Yes|
|Promote the Resource Center to Production||Yes||Yes|
|Disable or demote the Resource Center||Yes||Yes|
|Manage guide themes (Admin-only)||Yes|
|Manage settings, including inviting users (Admin-only)||Yes|
Only Administrators have the ability to invite and remove users.
Invite Your First Users
1. Click Settings in the bottom left navigation. This will bring you to your profile page where you'll see Users as the second tab.
2. Click Users to change to the Users tab.
3. Click the + Invite User button in the top right corner to add a new user.
4. Input details about the user you are inviting and decide whether they have Subscription Admin or User Permissions.
5. If selecting a user, select which role permission set(s) you would like the user to have. A user is able to have multiple role permission sets, i.e Analyst, Guide Creator etc.
Unless the Reseller Adopt Partner has opted into custom brand settings and updated the custom domain (in which case, the email will be from "no-reply@customdomain"), users will then receive an email from "firstname.lastname@example.org" with their invitation to create an account.
Note: Advise your customers to have their IT teams allow this invite email address through filters. Sometimes a "no-reply" email can be blocked or filtered to spam.
Edit User Permissions
Click the "Edit User" button to the left of the trash can icon. This will allow you to give a user Administrator permissions, or to remove their permissions all together.
Assign user roles
Admins can assign and edit user roles and permissions when they create a new user or edit an existing user. Admins can’t edit their own roles.
Note: If a user hasn't accepted their invitation, their profile doesn’t show up in the Users list.
Roles are managed in Settings > Users, accessed from the left-side navigation. To get started, you can either:
- Select an existing user from the Users table to edit the details and permissions.
- Select + Invite User in the top-right of the page and add the appropriate permissions.
- Add or edit the user details as required.
- Choose the user type (Admin Permissions or User Permissions). If choosing User Permissions, select the apps and user roles to assign the associated permissions to the user. The Viewer role is always applied to Users, and can’t be removed.
- Select Save User or Invite User in the bottom-right of the form.
If a user mentions they did not receive their invitation, Administrators are able to re-send the invite right from the UI. Simply re-add the User.
Note: An Adopt invite will expire after 72 hours, if not accepted. The Admin will have to re-add the user again after this period.
Removing users is as simple as hovering over the right side of the user row and selecting the trash can icon.