When you choose to "Manage In My App," a new browser tab or window will launch to show you a preview of your app with the Guide displayed. If this didn’t occur, the following scenarios may help you before you reach out to support.
Note: As of February 17, 2020 - Chromium (the open-source engine that powers Chrome and most other modern browsers) released a security update that impacts the way cookies are allowed on sites that use http (https sites are unaffected). Learn more about Chromium's Cookie Update.
If new a browser tab or window didn’t launch
- Confirm that a tab didn’t open in a different browser window.
- Your browser (or plugin/extension) may have settings that prevent sites from opening a new tab or window. Please check and modify these browser settings.
If a new tab opens, but your app does not load
- Make sure you put in the right URL for your application.
If a new tab opens & your app loads, but you see an Authentication Error Message
- First, click the Login button, which will send to you adopt.pendo.io to log in. This could happen if you bookmarked a previous Designer session.
- If you have any browser or plug-in settings that disable cookies, please modify your browser settings.
If a new tab opens & your app loads, but no Pendo Adopt Guide preview displays
- If you are seeing a different url from the one you originally entered into the Url input after selecting Manage in-App, then your application may have redirected to a different page (for example, from
https://app.acme.com/home), and in doing so, dropped the designer. If this is the case, try using the redirected url (eg:
https://app.acme.com/home) when you enter in the URL from adopt.pendo.io, after clicking Manage in-App.
- If the above scenarios do not resolve the issue, please see our shortcuts below to troubleshoot further.
Browser Local Storage
The Visual Design Studio launches by leveraging your browser’s local storage from your cookie settings. Please make sure to enable it in your browser settings.
chrome://settings/content/cookies). For Mozilla Firefox users, update your preferences for cookies in your Privacy & Security settings.
For example, if you use Chrome, the “Keep local storage” item should be turned to “off” for it to work correctly:
Safari Browser (version 12 or lower)
Make sure you’re using the latest version of Safari 12. In most cases, Safari will maintain site cookies so clear cookies if the designer launch fails on the first attempt with Safari. All future attempts should resume like normal. If you’re unsure on how to clear these cookies, check out Safari’s documentation.
Safari (version 13.0.4+)
Safari implemented a different security standard called Intelligent Tracking Prevention (ITP) to restrict sharing cookies between first and third party apps. As of Feb. 20, 2020, ITP (version 2.3) is included in Safari 13 on macOS for Catalina, Mojave, and High Sierra. ITP prevents the Pendo from launching the Guide Designer because we leverage cookies to launch the designer over your application. At this point, Pendo Designer is no longer supported in Safari version 13.04+ but will be open to launch another investigation in the future.
Shortcut Key to Launch the Designer
After you logged into Pendo Adopt, open a browser tab and use the following shortcut key to launch the designer from the Guide Details page:
If that does not work, open up the console in the developer tools (F12), type
pendo.designerv2.launchInAppDesigner() in the console and hit enter.