This article outlines the steps involved to pass down Pages to Adopt accounts. Passing down Pages allows Adopt Managers to decide which Pages their customers should have access to for guide targeting and analytics.
1. Open your Adopt Settings from the settings navigation.
2. Click on the Configure Analytics tab.
Partner accounts that have not set up their pages will see an empty table with a large "+ Manage Pages" button. You can either click there or the top right of the table to begin managing pages.
3. Select the pages you wish to pass down to Adopt accounts. You can either select all pages by clicking the empty box next to the Page Name header title, or select individual pages. The reason you may want to select individual pages, versus passing down all of your pages, would be if you have multiple page rules tagged for the same pages for your own internal analytics consumption, but you do not want to confuse your Adopt customers by giving them multiple pages to choose from when targeting guides or when viewing their own analytics.
Once you've selected your desired pages, click the Publish button on the bottom right corner of the page.
Now your pages will be published to your Adopt accounts.
You have the ability to change the names of your pages that are displayed to Adopt customers. Simply click into the page name within the Adopt Display Name column and you will see a text edit box to change the name. Click the check box to save your changes.
This is useful in the event of internal syntax for your own analytics purposes, but need something a bit more user friendly for your customers to understand.
In the event you do need to remove pages that have been published to your customers, simply:
1. Click the Manage Pages (1) link in the top right corner of the pages table.
2. Deselect the pages you intend to remove and click on the Continue button to finish removing the pages.
3. Once you click Publish you will encounter a loading screen. Once it's finished, you'll see the message below. Underneath the Pages Updated modal, you will see a message, "Successfully updated X of X pages". This will let you know that your pages were successfully deleted.
Warning: It is recommended to not remove a page that has already been published as your Adopt customers may have created guides targeted to those pages or segments using those page analytics. It is better to start small and add more pages as needed.