Reseller Adopt is a training-as-a-service and channel product that enables Pendo customers to extend Guides, Analytics, and Resource Center capabilities to their customers. As a Reseller Adopt Partner with Adopt Manager permissions, you can provision instances of Reseller Adopt to your customers. There is no installation necessary for you or your customers and, once provisioned, these customers can create their own guide content that's tailored for their unique needs.
If you're interested in learning more, or are interested in becoming a partner, see the Pendo Reseller Partner Program.
This article describes what you need to do to provision Reseller Adopt instances for you customers, including how to customize branding and appearance.
To provision Reseller Adopt instances for your customers:
- Your business must be an official Reseller Adopt Partner
- You must be a Pendo Admin with the Adopt Manager permission
Customize Reseller Adopt
This section describes how to edit the appearance of the Reseller Adopt experience for your customers.
1. In Pendo, go to Settings > Adopt Settings.
2. Under Partner Brand Settings, add the following:
- Brand Name - The name of your company or organization. This appears when the user hovers over your logo in the top left of the UI.
- Brand Color - The primary color used throughout the UI of your customers' instances of Reseller Adopt.
- Product Name - The name you give to Reseller Adopt so that it's more in line with your brand. This appears at the top of the UI, next to the logo.
- Logo Upload - The image you choose to replace the Pendo chevron with in the top-left corner of the navigation in Reseller Adopt. The image you upload should be at least 166 x 66 px.
3. Under the Partner Brand Settings section, there's a list of each application that you have installed in your Engage account and can make available to your customers' Reseller Adopt subscription. For each of these, you can change the following:
- Display Name - The name of the application. This name appears inside the global filter in your customer's Reseller Adopt subscription.
- Primary Color - The color assigned to the application. You see this color in the analytics for the application, and instead of a logo if you choose not to upload one.
- Logo Upload - The logo of the application. The image you upload should be at least 166 x 66 px.
Provision Reseller Adopt for Your Customers
Reseller Adopt is provisioned to your customers at an account level. This process first involves enabling the account and then selecting access for the account. To provision Reseller Adopt for your customers:
1. In Pendo, go to Settings > Adopt Settings and open the Manage Organizations tab.
2. Find the account that you want to provision Reseller Adopt for, and toggle on Adopt Status.
3. In the Enable Organization window that opens, enter primary contact details. Enter an email address, first name, last name, and meaningful organization name (rather than the Account ID).
4. Select Enable Organization when you're done.
5. Hover over the account that you want to provision Reseller Adopt for, and select Manage Settings.
6. Configure the Account Access settings to toggle on or off any combination of the following: API, Analytics, and Resource Center, alongside Guides, which is always selected and can't be deselected.
7. Choose which Applications to make available to your customer in their Reseller Adopt subscription.
8. Select Save when you're done.
An invitation email is then sent to the Primary Contact. Primary Contact email addresses are found in the Manage Organization tab and are only accessible by Pendo Users with the Adopt Manager permission. Ensure that any users with the Adopt Manager permission are trained to appropriately handle Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
Change the Primary Contact for an Account
You might want to change the primary contact for an account if:
- You need to access your customer's Reseller Adopt account for troubleshooting
- Turnover at your customer's organization necessitates a new Primary Contact
- You have service relationships with third-party vendors that are contracted to manage your customer's account
You can change the Primary Contact selecting the email address associated with the account. Enter the new details and select Change Primary Contact. The former Primary Contact is still an admin user in the account.
Disable Reseller Adopt for your customers
To disable Reseller Adopt for your customers:
1. In Pendo, go to Settings > Adopt Settings and open the Manage Organizations tab
2. Find the account that you want to disable Reseller Adopt for, and toggle off Adopt Status
3. Confirm this action by selecting Disable Organization in the window that appears
Note: Once an a Reseller Adopt Account is disabled, data will be permanently deleted after 90 days.