Adopt is a training-as-a-service and channel product that enables Pendo customers to extend guide, analytics, and resource center capabilities to their customers. As an Adopt Partner with Adopt Manager permissions, you can provision instances of Adopt to your customers. There is no installation necessary for you or your customers and once provisioned, these customers can create their own guide content tailored for their unique needs.
If you're interested in learning more, or are interested in becoming a partner, find out more here.
To provision Adopt instances for your customers, you must meet the following requirements:
- Your business must be an official Adopt Partner.
- You must be a Pendo Admin with the Adopt Manager permission.
Changing Adopt Partner Settings
1. Log in to Pendo, click Settings in the Navigation and select Adopt Settings.
2. Input the Following:
- Brand Name (1) - Name of your company or organization.
- Brand Color (2) - Changes your primary color that is used throughout the user interface.
- Product Name (3) - Re-name Adopt to something more in-line with your brand (e.g. ACME Training Guides).
- Brand logo (4) - Replaces the Pendo chevron in the upper left corner of the navigation in Adopt. It is also used as the header logo for invitation emails using the custom host name (CNAME) option, and on the login screen for CNAME partners. Simply click the "Upload Image" button and select an image that is at least 166px by 66px.
- Display Name (5) - Name of the application that your customers will build guides on (e.g. Alpha CRM). This name will appear inside the Application section of Adopt.
- Primary Color (6) - Changes the color of your Application in the drop down menu in the Adopt UI.
- Application Logo (7) - This logo denotes the application's logo and is displayed in the top left corner of the Adopt application. Simply click the "Upload Image" button and select an image that is at least 166px by 66px.
Provisioning Adopt For Your Customers
- Log in to Pendo, click Settings in the Navigation and select Adopt Settings.
- Navigate to the Manage Organizations tab.
- Search for the AccountID of the account for which you want to provision Adopt.
- Toggle on Adopt Status. This will give you the option to Enable Organization.
- Enter the Primary Contact Email by inputting their email address, First Name, Last Name, and Organization Name (a user-friendly name instead of using the AccountID if needed).
Click on the Manage Settings option in the far right column of the row you just enabled. The Manage Apps page gives Partners the ability to toggle on/off their Applications, Analytics, and Resource Center. Once you've toggled on the appropriate items, an invitation email will be sent to the Primary Contact.
Note: Primary Contact email addresses will stay present in the Manage Organization tab and are only accessible by Pendo Users with the Adopt Manager permission set. Make sure that any users with the Adopt Manager permission are correctly trained to appropriately handle customer data (e.g. Personally Identifiable Information).
Change Primary Contact
The Primary Contact can be changed by clicking on the email address. A modal will pop up asking for the new email address, first and last names of the new Primary Contact. The old Primary Contact will remain as an admin user in the account.
A few use cases for initiating a change in Primary Contact could be:
- The Partner needs access to the client's Adopt account for troubleshooting purposes and may want to add a support contact as the Primary Contact.
- Turnover at the client organization may necessitate the need for a new Primary contact.
- If the Partner has services relationships with 3rd party vendors and those users are contracted to manage a client's account.
Disabling Adopt For Your Customers
Log in to Pendo, click Settings > Adopt Settings.
Navigate to the Manage Organizations tab
Search for the AccountID of the account for which you want to disable Adopt
Toggle off Adopt Status which will have you confirm whether you'd like to Disable Organization.